Irish Soda Bread
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
½ cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 - 3/4 cup raisins
1 Tablespoon caraway seeds
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and mix well.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and add alternating with the milk making
sure to stir until smooth after each addition.
5. Add the raisins and caraway seeds and stir to combine.
6. The batter will be stiff.
7. Bake in a greased 8 inch round pan at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.