Friday, March 14, 2008

Breakfast Puffs

Becky mentioned to me a month or two ago that she likes to have this recipe for lunch, and since then I've been making it for dinner about once a week. It's quick, easy, delicious, and I swear it's good for you, what with all the fruit and natural ingredients and all. Enjoy!


Ingredients:

1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
Dash vanilla
Dash cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
Sliced apple, banana, etc. sauteed with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar


Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
  2. Put an 8 inch round pan in the oven to heat up
  3. Combine the milk, flour, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
  4. Once the oven has reached temperature, put 2 tbsp of butter into the pan and allow to melt inside the oven.
  5. Once the butter has melted, pour batter into the pan.
  6. Cook until the batter has puffed up, is golden brown and dry to the touch, about 15 minutes.
  7. Top with sauteed fruit, yogurt, or ice cream.

I've been buying frozen mango, strawberries, and blueberries, and heating them up in various combinations (not usually mango/blueberry) with a little sugar and using them as topping. I highly recommend it! Apples and cinnamon with vanilla ice cream is also a classic favorite.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Mmmm - this is my "I'm having a tough day" lunch - it ALWAYS makes me feel better. Try it topped with vanilla yogurt!