* 2 big handfuls fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
* 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
* 1 garlic clove, grated
* 2 limes, juiced
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 (6-ounce) block sushi-quality tuna per person
* 1 ripe avocado, halved, peeled, pitted, and sliced
To make the marinade, combine the cilantro, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, salt and pepper, and olive oil in a bowl. Whisk.
Slice the tuna and brush it with marinade. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Lightly sear the marinaded tuna in a pan or on the grill, then remove from heat and add any remaining marinade.
Serve with sliced avocado.