5 cups canned chicken broth - heated to a simmer
1/3 cup dry white wine such as Pinot Grigio - warmed
1/2 stick (4T) no salt butter
1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic - minced
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Bring broth to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover saucepan.
2. Melt 2 Tablespoons butter over medium low heat.
3. Add onion and saute until tender and not brown about 12 minutes.
4. Add minced garlic and continue to saute for 1-2 minutes more.
5. Increase heat to medium, add rice and stir for 1 minute.
6. Add 1 1/2 cups warm broth. Boil gently stirring frequently until broth is absorbed.
7. Add another 1 cup broth and stir until broth is absorbed.
8. Add remaining broth and wine, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing liquid to be absorbed before adding more. Continue stirring.
9. Continue stirring until rice is tender and mixture is creamy, about 25 minutes.
10. Remove from heat, stir in 2 Tablespoons butter, 1 cup Parmesan season with salt and pepper.
11. Cover pan and allow to sit, off of the heat, for 2 minutes before serving.
12. Garnish with chopped parsley to serve.