2 cups flour
7 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon orange zest
1/3 cup butter (cold)
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup orange juice (heavy or medium pulp)
1 cup craisins
Heavy cream to brush top of scones
1 cup powdered sugar
1 - 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour, 7 teaspoons sugar, baking powder and soda, salt, orange zest in large bowl.
- Cut in cold butter until mixture becomes coarse crumbs.
- In a separate bowl mix together cream, orange juice, egg then add craisins.
- Pour liquid mixture into crumb mixture, mix together until it becomes a soft dough.
- On a lightly flour surface knead dough 6 - 8 times.
- Press into two 8 inch circles and cut each into 6 wedges. Place on baking sheet that has been lightly sprayed with Pam.
- Using 1 tablespoon heavy cream, brush tops of scones and sprinkle remaining 3 teaspoons of sugar over the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.