3 cups oats
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup flaked coconut
¼ cup wheat germ
2 Tablespoons flax meal
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup oil
½ teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup dried craisins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients except craisins and almonds in a large bowl.
- Add honey, oil and vanilla and mix well.
- Spread on a lightly greased baking sheet and place in oven.
- Cook for 5 minutes and rearrange granola on sheet.
- Add almonds and continue to cook for 5 to 7 more minutes until the granola is starting to turn golden brown. It will darken slightly as it cools. If you add the almonds at the beginning of the cooking period they may burn.
- Add dried fruit to still hot granola and allow it to cool.
- Once cool, store in an airtight container.