Raspberry Scottish Trifle
4 cups chilled heavy whipping cream, divided
12 ounces Lindt white chocolate, chopped
1 1/4 teaspoons almond extract, divided
2 Tablespoons confectioners sugar
2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cups water
1 (7 ounce) package of crisp ladyfinger cookies
1 cup seedless raspberry jam - melted, divided
1 1/2 12-ounce packages frozen unsweetened raspberries, partially thawed, divided
1 6-ounce container fresh raspberries
3/4 cups sliced almonds
2 Tablespoons sugar
1. Bring one cup cream to just a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Pour simmering cream over chopped white chocolate in a bowl and stir until the mixture is creamy and has no lumps.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until barely lukewarm.
4. Combine 2/3 cups water and 2/3 cups sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add 3/4 teaspoon almond extract. Set syrup aside to cool.
5. In an electric mixer, mix 3 cups heavy cream, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract and 2 Tablespoons confectioners sugar until the mixture reaches stiff peaks.
6. Gently fold white chocolate mixture into beaten cream a little at a time until the mixture is all combined.
7. Melt raspberry jam.
8. Combine sliced almonds and 2 Tablespoons sugar in a small frying pan. Cook over medium high heat until the sugar melts and the almonds just start to brown.
9. Turn the candied almonds out onto a plate to cool.
10. To assemble submerge a ladyfinger in the almond sugar syrup quickly and place in bottom of trifle dish. Repeat with enough ladyfingers to cover bottom of dish.
11. Spread 1/3 of melted jam over ladyfingers.
12. Spread 1/2 package of thawed raspberries with juices.
13. Spread 1/3 white chocolate mousse over top.
14. repeat the ladyfingers, jam, berries and mousse 2 more times until bowl is filled.
15. Mound the fresh raspberries in the center and sprinkle candied almonds around edge.