Chinese Chicken Salad
2 split chicken breasts – grilled, cooled and chopped
1 bunch asparagus – trimmed and cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
2 carrots - cut in matchsticks
1 red bell pepper – seeded and cut into strips
1 cup snow peas
4 ounces dry pasta
2 scallions – white and green parts, sliced diagonally
1 Tablespoon white sesame seeds, toasted
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 ½ Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 garlic clove – minced
½ teaspoon fresh ginger – grated
1 teaspoon white sesame seeds, toasted
2 Tablespoons smooth peanut butter
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Grill, cool and chop the chicken breasts.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, in the last minute through in the carrots and asparagus. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool.
- Combine the chopped chicken, snow peas, peppers, cooled pasta, asparagus and carrots.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad.
- Add the scallions and sesame seeds and season to taste.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.