1 ½ cups warm water
1 package dry active yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
4 cups flour (2 white and 2 wheat if you prefer a healthier option!)
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten mixed with 1 Tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add yeast to water and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Wait until the yeast proofs and then add the flour and salt.
- Knead for 3 minutes. Dough will be smooth and elastic.
- Shape into pretzels of the same size.
- Put on a cookie sheet, brush with beaten egg and water mixture and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes.