Oven Fried Chicken Parmesan
2 garlic cloves - crushed
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon basil
½ teaspoon oregano
dash garlic powder
dash onion powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
salt to taste
4 to 6 chicken breasts – pounded thin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the 2 crushed garlic cloves.
- Remove butter from heat and allow it to cool in a shallow dish.
- In another dish combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- First dip the chicken into the butter and then coat it in the bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange the chicken 1 layer deep in a greased large, shallow baking pan.
- Drizzle evenly with remaining melted butter.
- Bake uncovered, 25-35 minutes until 165 degrees, or fork tender and golden brown.
- Serve with pasta and tomato sauce and top with freshly chopped tomatoes and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.