Chicken Satay Stir-Fry with Orange Scented Jasmine Rice
3 3/4 cups water
2 oranges, zested
2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds chicken breast tenders, 2 packages, sliced on an angle into bite-size pieces
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium yellow skinned onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded, quartered and sliced
1 cup shredded carrots, store bought, or 2 medium carrots cut into matchsticks
6 scallions, cut on an angle into 2 inch pieces
1 cup snow peas, a couple of handfuls
4 rounded tablespoonfuls chunky peanut butter
3 tablespoons dark soy
3 tablespoons honey
1-inch ginger root, peeled and minced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 orange, juiced
2 ounces (1/4 cup) chopped peanuts
2 to 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
1. Heat water with orange zest to boiling. Add rice, return to boil, stir. Cover pot and reduce
heat to simmer. Cook rice until tender, 18 minutes. Fluff with fork.
2. For stir-fry, heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken, garlic and onion,
stir-fry 3 minutes.
3. Add remaining veggies and stir-fry 5 minutes more.
4. Heat all ingredients for sauce together in a small pot over low heat, stirring the sauce
until all ingredients are combined.
5. Transfer stir-fry to a large platter and pour sauce evenly over the chicken and vegetables.
6. Sprinkle the platter with chopped nuts, cilantro, and basil.
7. Serve with jasmine rice in a separate dish .
Serves 4 to 5