Chocolate Mint Layer CookiesBrownie Ingredients:
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
¾ cup margarine of butter
1 ½ cups sugar
¾ cup unsifted flour
¾ cup sliced unbleached almonds
1. Melt chocolate and butter together in a double boiler. Remove from heat and allow to
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until ivory in color.
3. Add the flour, nuts and chocolate mixture.
4. Stir until combined.
5. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes – let cool in pan.
Mint Cream Ingredients:
2 ¼ cups powdered sugar
4 ½ Tablespoons butter, softened
3 Tablespoons half and half
1 Teaspoon peppermint extract
1. Beat ingredients together until smooth.
2. Spread mint cream evenly over the chocolate layer.
3. Cover tightly and chill until firm – about 1 hour.
Chocolate Glaze Ingredients:
3 oz. semi sweet chocolate
3 Tablespoons butter
1. Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
2. Spread chocolate glaze over the mint cream.
3. Cover tightly and chill until firm.
4. Cut into bite sized pieces.
Optional - top with crushed candy canes