Arugula-Almond Pesto with Pasta and Grilled Shimp
One 5 ounce package baby arugula (4 cups)
1/2 cup chopped blanched almonds
juice of 1 1/2 lemons
1 clove garlic - chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups olive oil - I used canola oil
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 pound uncooked rigatoni, penne or spaghetti - I like whole grain penne
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup pear or cherry tomatoes, halved and tossed with 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a food processor combine the arugula, almonds, lemon juice, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and 3/4 cup oil.
2. Process the mixture while pouring another 1/2 cup oil through the tube.
3. The pesto should be a medium-fine consistency.
4. Stir in the cheese.
5. Cook the pasta until al dente.
6. Skewer the shrimp and grill 1 to 2 minutes per side.
7. Toss the hot pasta with the pesto and add the cherry tomatoes and the shrimp.
8. Season to taste with more salt, pepper and lemon juice.