This is delicious but needs to be started well ahead of time as the rice needs over an hour to cool. Enjoy!!Cilantro Rice
For the rice:
1/2 Tablespoon oil
1/2 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 of a 4 oz can of diced green chilis
1 cup white rice
1 can (1 3/4 cups) chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
For the dressing:
1/4 cup (packed) coarsely chopped cilantro
3 Tablespoons oil
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 garlic clove, peeled
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon diced green chilis
1. Make the rice by heating the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
2. Add onion to oil and saute 3 minutes, add chilis and saute 1 minute, add garlic and saute 1 minute more.
3. Mix in rice and saute, stirring, for 2 minutes.
4. Add broth and salt, bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand - covered - for 5 minutes.
6. Transfer rice to bowl, cool to barely lukewarm - about 1 1/2 hours.
7. Make dressing by combining all ingredients in a food processor or blender - or use a hand blender.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Add dressing to cooled rice, toss to coat, season with salt and pepper.
10. Serve this at room temperature.